Invalid Folder

Sep 6, 2008 at 2:01 PM
Edited Sep 6, 2008 at 2:01 PM
Thanks for providing that software, really something I was looking for to merge my files.

However I'm getting an invalid Folder error every time I try to run the program

MsnHistoryMerger.exe /histpath1:d:\temp\myid2715799591\Verlauf /histpath2:"d:\temp\Temp\Verlauf" /mergepath:D:\temp\merged
For help and details, please visit the project home page
http://www.codeplex.com/MsnHistoryMerger

Use the argument /? to get help on the command line mode

[2008-09-06 13:39:16] Invalid folder "d:\temp\myid2715799591\Verlauf" providedin the argument histpath1
[2008-09-06 13:39:16] Invalid folder "d:\temp\Temp\Verlauf" provided in the argument histpath2

I have checked the paths and retried several times withouth success. The entered path name cannot be wrong by any means and I tried with and without apostrophs, without any success.

Do you have any suggestions.

George
Coordinator
Sep 7, 2008 at 2:53 AM
Hi George,
Hmm, can't say it's a known issue what you're describing so we'll have to gather a bit more information: does it also happen when you're running from the GUI mode (just run the utility without any parameters)? The answer will give me an understanding of where to find the problem.
In addition, can you please run the util with verbose tracing level to generate a detailed log file.

Cheers,
F
Sep 7, 2008 at 10:45 AM
Hi Feranndo,
thanks for your quick reply. I have found the problem, it's nothing major, but I found out that you can't run the program from a network share. (iit will not even show the GUI) but crash. When run from a local drive all is fine. So I can live with it. Thanks again for providing this piece of software!

Have a great day,
George