command line support?

Jul 27, 2008 at 3:02 PM
your tool is a very grade helping for me :)
thanx for this :D

can i use msn messenger history merger with command line?
my syncronisizign software supports commands after the synchronisation of files...
i want to start after this the msn messenger history manager automaticly in a unattendet mode...

is it possible?
Coordinator
Aug 2, 2008 at 6:40 AM
Edited Aug 2, 2008 at 6:42 AM
Hi nexusGR,
Command line activation is not supported. Yet! :)
Give me some time and I'll add it to the next version.

Cheers,
F

Coordinator
Aug 2, 2008 at 1:52 PM
Good news!
I've added support for command line execution mode - check the Releases page for version 1.6.

The command line is mode is identified by passing arguments from the command line. Here's the help section added for the command line:

Usage:
MsnHistoryMerger.exe /histpath1:full_path /histpath2:full_path /mergepath:full_path [/tracinglevel:trace_level] [/addsingles:true_false] [/purgemerge:true_false] [/addxsl:true_false]

where:
histpath1 - is the full path to the 1st history folder
histpath2 - is the full path to the 2nd history folder
mergepath - is the full path to the merging folder
tracinglevel - is the optional tracing level with one of the following values: Off, Error, Warning, Info or Verbose (defualt: Info)
addsingles - is a flag indicating to add single files to the merging folder (default: true)
purgemerge - is a flag indicating to purge the merging folder before synchronising (default: true)
addxsl - is a flag indicating to add the transformation files to the merging folder (default: true)

Sample:
MsnHistoryMerger.exe /histpath1:"c:\users\myself\Documents\My Received Files\myprofile0123456789\History" /histpath2:"c:\temp\hist2" /mergepath:"c:\temp\merge"
Enjoy!
Aug 4, 2008 at 10:58 PM
Cooool :D
Thank you for this new version :)

very fast service :)